Keeping your Mini running for miles & smiles.
“If you wish to enquire about a service or a timing chain change, call 01525 220 054. We are happy to answer all your questions.”
Your Mini has 3 types of service and at Mini Workshop we offer all three; Oil Service, Inspection (I) and Inspection (II).
1. OIL SERVICE:
- Oil and Filter
- Reset service interval display (if applicable)
- Interior Cabin Filter
- Check brake pads
- Check brake rotors
- Clean brake pad contact points
- Grease wheel centering hubs
- Check parking brake
2. INSPECTION I: (Oil Service + the following)
- Air Filter
- Check Transmission Fluid for leaks
- Change CVT (automatic transmission) fluid
- Check CV joint boots for damage or leaks
- Visually check fuel tank, fuel lines and connections for leaks
- Check condition, position and mounting of exhaust system. Adjust if necessary.
- Check struts and shock absorbers for leaks
- Check front control arm bushings for damage or wear
- Check power steering system for leaks. Check fluid level and add if necessary.
- Check steering rack and tie rods for tightness.
- Check condition of steering linkage and steering shaft joints.
- Check overall thickness of front and rear brake pads.
If replacement is necessary:
- Examine Brake disc surface
- Clean brake pad contact points in calipers
- Grease wheel centering hubs
- Check thickness of parking brake linings only when replacing rear brake pads
- Check operation of parking brake and adjust as necessary
- Check brake system connections and lines for leaks, damage and incorrect positioning
- Check parking brake actuator. Adjust if necessary.
- Check all tire pressures (including spare if equipped) and correct if necessary.
- Check condition of tire tread surface, tread wear pattern. Align if necessary.
- Inspect entire body according to terms of rust perforation limited warranty. (Must be performed every 2 years)
- Read out on-board diagnostic (OBDII) fault codes
- Check engine coolant system / heater hose connections for leaks.
- Check coolant level and antifreeze protection level. Add if necessary
- Check windshield washer fluid level and antifreeze protection. Add if necessary.
- Check air conditioner for operation.
- Replace ventilation mircofilter. (Reduce replacement interval in dusty conditions.)
- Reset service interval display.
Check battery state of charge
Check operation of:
- headlights, foglights, parking lights, back-up lights, turn signals,
- emergency flashers, stop lights, license plate lights, interior lights,
- glove compartment light, make-up mirror light, flashlight,
- engine compartment light, trunk light.
- Check instrument panel lights
- Check warning and indicator lights, check control
- Check operation of horn, headlight dimmer and flasher switch
- Check wipers and windshield washer system
- Check aim of washer jets and adjust if necessary
- Visually examine all airbag units for torn covers, obvious damage or attachment of decals, decorations, or accessories
- Check central locking system
- Check operation and condition of door, engine hood and rear hatch latches
- Check heater, air-conditioner blower and rear defogger operation
- Check operation of rear view mirrors
- braking performance
- air-conditioner operation
- manual transmission and clutch or automatic transmission operation.
3. INSPECTION II: (Inspection I + the following)
- Serpentine Belt – 60,000 miles for Cooper S
- Brake Fluid – Every 2 years (dealer recommended)
- Coolant – Every 4 years
- Spark Plugs – Replace at 100,000 miles (Petrol only)
Oil & Filter Service:
- Mini Cooper/One: £175.00
- Mini Diesel: £185.00
- Mini Cooper S: £190.00
Interim Service (I):
- Mini Cooper/One: £215.00
- Mini Diesel: £230.00
- Mini Cooper S: £235.00
Interim Service (II):
- Mini Cooper/One: £270.00
- Mini Diesel: £280.00
- Mini Cooper S: £285.00